Recently, I have faced this issue in my Windows 10 – Your PC ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart. In this guide, I will share my experience of fixing this problem. In my case, the issue for the restart was stop code memory management.
It took me around 2-3 hours to fix this issue. I also watched various tutorials on Youtube to fix this issue but nothing worked for me. So, If you are facing the same issue then read this guide and it will help you.
About this Error – Your PC ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart
Some of us face this issue at some point where the operating system shutdown unexpectedly and displays the blue screen of death.
There may be various reasons for this problem such as memory management, FAULTY_HARDWARE-CORRUPTED_PAGE, Stop code: 0xC0000021A, corrupted drive, Windows update, etc.
Symptoms of this Error – Your PC ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart
In my case, when I was clicking on any driver setup to Install it on my PC then my computer gets shutdown and showing the same problem again and again.
Whenever I was trying to install some software program then my pc restarts and show the error, “Your PC ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart“.
When the PC restarts, I see the stop code for my PC. In my case, the reason for restarting was Windows stop code memory management.
Suggested: How To Track Lost Phone: Find My Phone
Why this problem occurs?
There can be many reasons due to which this problem occurs in your PC. In my case, the reason for restarting was Windows stop code memory management.
These are some Windows Stop Code that you can see when your PC restarts and then take action by checking the stop code that causes the issue of restart in your PC and try to solve it. I have already given the solution below to fix Your PC ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart.
|Stop Code||Displayed Message When Windows Restart|
Suggested: 9 Ways to know if your phone is hacked
How to Fix Your PC ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart
These are the methods that will help you to fix this issue. I also suggest you to ask in the official Microsoft questions and answers forum. You will get a quick reply on this forum.
Method 1 – Fix Your PC ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart (Stop Code Memory Management)
As I told you earlier that I was facing the issue with Windows stop code memory management and these are the steps that I followed:
- You can face this error due to incomplete Windows update, disk errors, corrupted windows, expired windows, corrupted software or drivers, pirated windows, etc. In my case, the Windows was not updated. When I checked for new windows update then it was showing me this error “something went wrong try to reopen settings later“.
2. Now, you can do these two things. First, install the drivers for your Windows 10 (in case if the drivers are not working or corrupt). Second, if your Windows is expired then renew the product key.
3. Open Windows update and update your Windows. Now, there is a 90% chance that your problem with this issue – “Your PC ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart” will be solved.
4. But if you still facing the same problem then don’t worry just follow more steps written below and you will surely fix this problem. If it is showing “something went wrong try to reopen settings later” in the Windows update settings like in the above image. Then, you can follow the below steps. The below steps can wipe out all the problems that you are facing on your PC and you will get rid of the restart problem.
5. Go to the Windows Settings and then click on “Update & Security“.
6. Click on the Recovery. Now, you will see the option “Reset this PC“. Click on the button below the option reset this PC to start.
7. When you click on get started then you will find two options. Select the first one because it will remove only applications, software installed in the windows drive (c: drive).
If you have any important files on the drive in which you have installed the Windows then copy/move that data in the other drive before performing the PC Reset.
8. After clicking on this option, the Windows will be restarted and your PC reset will be started. In this process, the Windows will be reinstalled again. After the completion of PC Reset the problem of computer restart will be solved.
This process can take 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Method 2 – Format C drive and Install Windows Again (Not Recommended)
This method is time consuming and after formatting the windows drive, You need to install the Windows again and then install Windows drivers.
So, this process is time taking. So, I suggest if your problem is not solved by using method 1 then ask in the Microsoft Questions and Answers forum.
- How To Download Panda Helper APK On iOS And Android Device?
- Top 10 Free Sports Streaming Sites List 2022