Nowadays, Most of the things are done over the internet like shopping, food order, cab booking, etc. As internet demand and usage increased worldwide. As a result, many things are done over the net. Thus, cyber frauds also increased. So, we are sharing some internet security tips that you may follow to avoid any fraudulent activity like hacking, cyber fraud, related to the bank, etc.
10 Internet Security Tips
1. Always install good antivirus software and keep it up-to-date for your system security as well as for internet security.
2. Always visit known and trusted websites and do not visit the malware affected sites. Check if the website has an HTTPS certificate or not. It is very important to check this if you are making any payment over the internet.
3. Perform a virus scan on the files and email attachments that you download before running them.
4. Regularly update your operating system and browser software and antivirus for better security.
5. Never share your password (email, bank logins, etc.) with anyone for any reason.
6. Choose a strong password with numeric and alphabet value.
7. Never login your bank details to untrusted websites and never share your OTP with anyone.
8. Never open any unknown links on email, social sites or anywhere they might be a phishing link which can hack your all information.
9. Never connect with unknown open WiFi as they can collect all your information in forms of the packet if you want to connect to open WiFi then choose it as a public network while connecting with that network in your PC settings. These are some internet security tips that can be beneficial for safe browsing.
10. Do not download apk from any untrusted source. Downloading any untrusted APK file can be very dangerous for your mobile data and privacy. The developer of the app may collect information like all the photos, videos, browser history, call details, and more things from your phone. If the APK has allowed accessing to all these settings. These are the app permissions that you can see in the image.
So, Download apps that are available on the play store.