This post guide you to hide WordPress theme name, plugins, wp-content, wp-includes from the source code. If you are looking to hide WordPress theme name and plugins read this post. No one will be able to see your WordPress theme name, installed plugins on your WordPress website, wp-content, wp-includes. It will make your website more secure. Using inspect element anyone can see your theme name, plugins that you are using. In the image given below, I show my website theme name and plugins by inspect element. Yes, you can hide your theme name and plugins. Read the given below step by step guide to do this.
HIDE WORDPRESS THEME NAME, PLUGINS, WP-CONTENT, WP-INCLUDES
1. Login to your website dashboard. Go to plugins and click on add new.
2. Install WP Hide and Security Enhancer plugin and activate it.
3. Use this plugin to hide your WordPress theme name, plugins, wp-Content, wp-includes. In the image given below, For changing/hiding your WordPress theme name, go to WP Hide and type any suitable name according to your choice as I am typing my theme name “hackchefs”. In “new style file path” type style.css or anything.css according to your choice and then click on save button.
4. Click on WP includes, type anything in New Includes Path which you want to show in the source code. I have written the web includes, you can write anything that you want and after that click on save.
5. To hide WP content from source code, click on WP content and type anything that you want to write instead of WP Content and then click on save button.
6. To hide WP plugins from source code, click on WP plugins and type anything that you want to write instead of WP plugins. I have written scripts in new plugins path. You have to type any name for your plugins so that your plugin name not be displayed in the source code.
Now, I am changing my plugin names to module 1, module 2, module 3 etc. For this, I have to type in this way scripts/module 2 (i am typing module 2 which is the new path for Akismet, now in the source code it displays module 2 instead of Akismet).
Now, you have successfully hide WordPress theme name and plugins. Open your website and check your theme name, plugins by inspect element.