In this post, I will share my experience of using the hola VPN chrome extension. I am using the hola premium unlimited plan. You can use the Hola VPN premium for desktop use and also on the phone. It is available for Windows, Apple, and Android users.
So, if you are looking for a premium VPN for your daily use then read this post till the end and this post will help you to provide you all the details and my experience of using this VPN.
Hola VPN chrome extension is a popular extension and it has over 8 million active users. It was founded by Derry Shribman and Ofer Vilenski. As of 2021, it is used by over 200 million people worldwide. Hola VPN offers free as well as premium plans. The premium plans are loaded with tons of features that make it a valuable product.
You can see the screenshot below of my Hola VPN premium plan dashboard.
First, let’s discuss the 8 features that make the hola premium plan a valuable choice. After discussing these 8 features, I will tell you my personal experience of using it, how you can use the Hola VPN chrome extension, android app, or use it on any other browser.
Official Website: hola.org
8 Outstanding Features of Hola VPN Premium Unlimited (The Best Choice)
Here go the list of features that I like the most when using my premium plan of hola VPN.
1. VPN Time
Hola VPN provides three plans and they are free, premium, and ultra plan. I am the user of their premium plan and using it for few weeks.
In the premium plan, you have unlimited time per day. When you compare Hola VPN Free vs Hola VPN Premium you will find that it offers tons of features at a reasonable price. In the free version, you will get only a limited time. So, this is the first reason to choose premium over the free version.
2. Number of connected Devices
If you want to connect more than 5 devices at one time then you can not get this feature in the free version. In the free version, you are allowed to connect only 1 device. Hola premium unlimited plan provides you the facility of connecting 10 devices at the same time. So, this plan will be good for the family members, group of friends, small businesses, etc who want to connect 10 devices at the same time.
In the Ultra plan, you can connect 20 devices at the same time but I have not used this plan. You can check this plan according to your requirement. I have the premium plan which is cheaper when compared with the ultra plan.
3. Online Video Streaming Quality
In 2021, online streaming is the most preferred way to watch movies, TV shows, Youtube videos, Facebook videos, Netflix, Amazon prime, and other online streaming websites. Watching videos in high-quality is what most of us prefer and HD videos have high user engagement.
Therefore, if you want to watch high-quality videos without any trouble then Hola VPN premium is the right choice for you over the free version. In the ultra plan, you can watch videos in 4K.
In the free version there is only FAQ support available but for the premium users Hola takes care of it by providing you Email support.
5. Security Features
If security is the main concern for you then don’t go with the free plan. If you need privacy and security then premium and ultra plans are the best ones. In the free plan, Hola does not secure your traffic. Whereas paid plans provide the best in class security, no logs policy, and encryption to protect your privacy. Your online activities will be anonymous. Hola VPN provides top-notch security that comes with IKEv2/IPSEC standards complete with 256-bit encryption
6. Fast Servers
In the free version you will get approximate 500 fast servers. In the premium and ultra plan you will get 1000 and 1500 fast servers worldwide.
7. Smart DNS
Smart DNS feature comes only with the ultra plan. I can’t say much about smart DNS because in my premium plan this feature is not available. Smart DNS work is to replace the DNS address that comes up with your internet service provider (ISP).
8. Other Features
Hola VPN is the world largest peer to peer network. It enables to access to 7,746,299 million IPs worldwide. You don’t require any technical skills for using Hola. It is easy to install and use. You will get unlimited bandwidth so enjoy watching web-series, movies, cartoons, etc.
You can change your location to unlock a blocked website by choosing your desired country.
Why you need a VPN?
When you do online activities such as searching something on Google, Yahoo, Bing, or shopping on any e-commerce website, reading blog posts, watching videos, etc on an unsecured Wi-Fi connection then it can easily expose your online activities.
The other reason why many people use VPN is blocked website in the particular region. Many people use VPN to unblock the blocked websites in their country. Using the VPN, you can select your desired country to browse anything on the Internet and unblock those websites which are blocked in your country.
How does a VPN work?
VPN services are offered by many companies such as Hola, Express VPN, NordVPN, etc. You can get VPN services on the basis of monthly or yearly payment.
Many companies provide a free option as well such as Hola VPN also offers a free version, Psiphon is also a good option if you are looking for a free option. But I already mentioned the advantages of using a premium version above so all it depends on your choice.
You need to choose a country and the VPN will determine your new IP address. For example, If you choose a united kingdom based server then you will have a UK IP address. It will hide your actual IP address and provides you a temporary IP address of a country whose server you have selected.
My Experience of Using Hola VPN Chrome
My experience with Hola VPN is good. It provides a lot of features in the premium plan that I was not getting in the free version. Before moving to the premium plan I was using Hola VPN free plan and Psiphon VPN.
But now, I am using the hola premium unlimited version. Actually, we are 4 friends and for a FASTER connection, it was much needed for us. So, We have selected the premium plan as it offers 10 devices to connect at the same time with various other features such as unlimited time per day, HD streaming, quick support, top-notch security, fast servers, etc. I will keep updating this post so you can also bookmark this page. You can also share this post with your friends, family, or classmates if they are looking for an in-depth detailed Hola VPN review.
How to Use Hola VPN chrome Extension or on any other browser
1. If you are a windows user (like me) then most probably you are using Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge browser. Hola VPN provides the browser extension for Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and opera.
2. I use Google Chrome, so in this tutorial, I will show you “how to use Hola VPN chrome extension“. You can also download the hola.exe file from the official website to use hola VPN on your computer or laptop. It is also available on Play Store as well as on the App Store.
3. Go to the Google Chrome Web Store and search for Hola VPN or click here to download the Hola VPN chrome extension. It has over 8 Million downloads on the chrome web store and more than 350K+ users rated it. Hola scores overall are 4.9 stars out of 5.
4. Now at the top bar of the chrome browser you will see the icon of hola VPN. Click on that and turn ON the Hola VPN (see the image below).
5. Now to show you an example of how Hola VPN works, I have opened a website 1337x.to which is blocked in my country. I also don’t suggest anyone use this website. I am using this for showing this tutorial. By using Hola VPN I can easily change my country location using the Hola VPN server and unblock any blocked websites. As I am a premium user, Hola takes care of my privacy and security.
6. You can change your virtual location at any time to any country. There are many countries available in the list.
7. I am using the premium plan of Hola VPN and I have already mentioned this thing above. So, As a premium user I have lots of features and security options.
Disadvantages of Hola VPN
- Smart DNS feature is not provided in the premium plan. If you need this feature then you have to go with the Ultra plan.
- Only email support is provided. Hola VPN does not provide support over phone calls.
I get only these two points as a disadvantage. Overall it is the best VPN in the class that offers great features, cheap price, and super fast servers. Overall I like this VPN and I will continue to use it.
Hola VPN Plans
It offers a free, premium, and Ultra plan. You can check the latest price and discounts on the official website and the link is given above. Read the price details below for 1 month.
Price for 1 Month
- Premium plan – $2.29 per month but if you buy this plan for 1 year then you can save 48% by grabbing this discount offer and it will cost you $1.19 per month.
- Ultra Plan – $29.99 per month
Which Plan is best for daily use?
All the plans are good. It all depends on your requirement. I am using the premium plan as it is more than enough for my requirements.
If you have any questions such as how is my experience so far with Hola, how good it is, or any other doubts then you can write your query in the comment section. You can read these frequently asked questions to get a quick answer to your questions.
Can I get refund if I don’t want to continue?
Hola VPN offers 30-day money back guarantee. You can contact their support and they will help you. But they do not issue refunds for purchases done on Apple app store. In this case, you can contact Apple app support directly.
Can I change my plan Hola VPN after sometime?
Yes, you can change your plan anytime.
Can I use Hola Premium plan on my Android phone?
Yes, Hola VPN Android app is also available on the Google Play Store. It has over 50 Million downloads on Play Store.
How many devices are allowed to connect at one time?
In the premium plan you can connect 10 devices and in the ultra plan you can connect 20 devices at the same time.
What are the payment methods that are available for buying a Hola VPN premium plan?
Accepted payment methods are credit cards, Paypal, and Google Play (For Android users).
I am a student. Can I use it?
- Mp3 Juice: Download Free MP3 Songs & Sites Like MP3 Juice
- 14 Best Ways to Speed Up Computer and Laptop for Free