What is Cloudflare SSL and How to Use Cloudflare Free SSL certificate? Redirect HTTP to HTTPS and increase your website traffic. HTTPS (SSL certificate) is an important factor to rank your website in google search engine. In this post, You will learn how to redirect HTTP to HTTPS by using Cloudflare Free SSL certificate.
What is Cloudflare?
Cloudflare is a website that provides CDN (content delivery network) services, domain name server (DNS), Argo smart routing, load balancing, web optimizations, video streaming & delivery, Web application firewall (WAF), Internet security, DDoS protection, bot management, SSL/TLS, and domain registration.
It offers free as well as a paid SSL certificate. If you are a blogger then I suggest you use Free SSL certificate. For e-commerce type website or for online transaction paid version is good.
Cloudflare provides extra security to your blog/website by adding HTTPS in your website (redirect HTTP to HTTPS) for free.
For using Cloudflare SSL, You have to create an account on Cloudflare. Cloudflare SSL offers four plans.
1. Free plan
- Price – $0 per month per website
- Global CDN
- Unlimited mitigation of DDoS attacks
- Free shared SSL certificate
2. Pro Plan
- Price – $20 per month per website
- It includes all the free plan features like global CDN, Unlimited mitigation of DDoS attacks, Free shared SSL certificate plus more features
- Web application firewall (WAF) with Cloudflare rulesets
- Additional page rules for fine-grained configuration
- Price – $200 per month per website
- It includes all the pro plan features plus more features
- PCI compliance
- Prioritized email support
- Custom SSL certificate
- Price – Get in touch with Cloudflare to know more
- It includes all the business plan features plus more features
- 24/7 enterprise-grade phone, email and chat support.
- Dedicated account team
- 100% Uptime guarantee with 25% reimbursement SLA
- Access to raw request logs
How to Use Cloudflare Free SSL Certificate (redirect HTTP to HTTPS)
Redirect HTTP to HTTPS Using Free SSL certificate. Installing this free certificate is easy.
Step 1 – Create an Account on Cloudflare
First, you have to sign up on Cloudflare. When your account is created you can log in with your Email ID and password.
Step 2 – Add a website
Click on add website button and then add your website URL.
Step 3 – Select Your Plan
Now, you can Select a plan according to your need and requirement. I am selecting a free plan and then click on confirm the plan.
Step 4- DNS settings
Now your Cloudflare DNS setting page will open. By default, these settings are correct. Don’t change anything but sometimes DNS settings are incorrect or missing. If you are facing such problem then you can check your Cloudflare DNS settings and setup it correctly. Scroll down and click on the continue button.
Step 5 – Change Nameservers
You need to change your nameservers by going to your Cpanel of domain name registrar and then change it with Cloudflare name servers. I am using Namecheap if you are using Bluehost then you do not need to Install this free SSL certificate because Bluehost offers free SSL in their all plans free of cost. These are the steps that you need to do:
1. Copy Cloudflare nameservers
2. Now, Open the dashboard of your domain name registrar. My domain name registrar is Namecheap. In the dashboard, click on nameservers option (it is given in all domain name registrar dashboard) and change it to custom DNS.
Click on add nameservers. Copy and paste Cloudflare nameservers in Nameserver1 and Nameserver2 and then click on save.
Now, click on the continue button.
Step 6 – Some Important Changes in Cloudflare settings
You have to make some changes in your Cloudflare. You can check these images on how to do it correctly.
1. In crypto option, Select your SSL as flexible.
2. In crypto, when you scroll down the page. Turn button ON for always use HTTPS.
3. In crypto, Turn ON automatic HTTPS rewrites (it will redirect HTTP to HTTPS).
Step 7 – Free SSL Certificate activation
This Free SSL certificate can take 1 hour – 48 hours to activate.
Now my Free SSL certificate is activated and it is working properly.
Step 8 – Install these two Plugins
If you are getting any of these errors
- Mixed content error
- Https not working properly and sometimes it shows HTTPS and sometimes it only shows HTTP.
Then you can use these two WordPress plugins, It will fix all these types of errors and redirect HTTP to https.
1. Cloudflare WordPress plugin
2. Really simple SSL
This is my website, you can check the image
That’s it, This is the free SSL certificate tutorial, Just follow all these steps and you will easily install this free certificate. If you are getting any error, problems you can comment below or message us on our facebook page.
Free SSL certificate websites
Cloudflare and Let’s Encrypt both are best for Free SSL or for the paid SSL certificate. You can choose anyone both are good companies.
I already mentioned all the process of free SSL certificate for WordPress or for any website. Redirect HTTP to HTTPS and increase your website traffic. Cloudflare SSL offers four plans.
2. Let’s Encrypt
Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated and open certificate authority. It is a non-profit certificate authority. It is a global certificate authority (CA). Let’s encrypt offers domain validation (DV) only.