Is your android phone lost? Don’t worry I will tell you some ways by which you can track lost phone where and can get it back. Nowadays it is easy to change IMEI number of any phone. Which makes it difficult to find your phone but don’t worry just read out some techniques given below which may help you to find your phone. let us look at some of the possible options to track a phone in case if it is lost or stolen.
Track Lost Phone and Find it
Here I am providing you some of the best possible options to track lost phone or stolen phone to find Android, iPhone, and window phone devices.
1. For Android Phones Using Android Device Manager and third party apps
A. Android device manager is a Google built tool which can track lost phone exact location. Android phones come with Android device manager which automatically track lost phone location and you can get this location using any Android phone in your home.The most important thing to use Android device manager is that you have enabled android device manager before your phone is lost.
B. You can Download Android Device Manager from Google play store. This app lets you track lost phone and also lets to remotely lock or erase all the data on it.
C. From “Android Device Manager” log into your Google account using the same Google ID associated with your lost phone. After successful login, this app will attempt to locate your device and show its last known location on the map.
D. In addition, you will also be able to perform several actions on your lost phone such as give a Ring, Lock the device or Erase all the data stored on it.
1.1 Requirements To Use Android Device Manager To Track Lost Phone
A. Your lost device should be connected to your Google account.
B. Your device should have Internet access. The Internet must be ON on your lost device to track phone exact location.
1.2 How To Enable Android Device Manager
A. Go to settings and then tap on Google.
B. First, you have to go through location and then to security.
C. In location, you have to on the access to my location with high accuracy.
D. In security, you find Android device manager and tap on android device manager.
E. On Remotely locate this device. Now you have enabled your android device manager.
F. If Can’t find or do not have android device manager on your phone you can install it from play store. Search for android device manager in play store and install it.
G. Login to your Google account. Whenever your get lost you can log in to your Google account on any other phone or computer and this helps you to locate your Android device location.
H. This is how it shows device location.
1.3 How To Use Android Device Manager To Locate Your Phone
You can locate your phone by using Google tool that is android device manager. It can help you to locate your phone exact location. Read the given below steps to track lost phone.
A. Search for find my android on google or android device manager on your computer/laptop, you can also open it in someone phone to locate your device.
B. You have to need to sign in to your Google account.
C. Click on accept.
D. Now, this app will show your phone exact location.
1.4 Using the third party apps
You can use some other apps to track lost phone. You can download this app from play store.
This app lets you find your lost phone by giving real-time location updates. You can track and locate android and iPad. It is easy to use.
This app is used to track lost phone. There are many other apps also available on play store to track lost phone. But Android device manager is good for tracking your lost phone. You can also use some other apps according to your need and choice.
2. For Apple iPhones
If you need to track a lost iPhone, you can follow the steps mentioned below
- Login to the iCould.com website using an Apple ID associated with your lost phone. Since location tracking is turned on by default on all iPhone devices, iCould lets you track it from your web browser or your iPad and shows its location on the map.
- If your phone is found nearby to your location you have an option to Play Sound on it so that your iPhone will emit a sound, helping you track it down.
- If this does not help, you can choose the option Lost Mode which will remotely lock your phone down and display a phone number that can be reached at.
- If none of the above options work, you can finally decide to go with the option Erase iPhone which will completely wipe out all the data stored on it. This way you can prevent your private information from falling into the wrong hands.
3. For Windows Phones
In order to track down a lost Windows phone, you can try the below mentioned steps:
- Go to Windows Phone Website and locate the option Find My Phone on the top-right corner of the page.
- This will ask you to sign-in using your Windows account associated with your lost phone. If your phone gets traced you will see a map showing its exact location. You will also find options to Lock, Ring and Erase its data in case if your phone is found to be completely lost.