Can bank hackers steal your money? If you use a credit or debit card, bank online or make any kind of electronic financial transaction, you face some risk that your personal information or money could be stolen, prevent yourself from such fraud activities and protect bank account
That means pretty much everyone is exposed to this threat. And data breaches, where many of these financial misdeeds begin, have become common.
10 Smart Moves To Protect Bank Account
As many individuals every year become victims of this kind of activities. These are some ways to protect yourself
- Review bank statements for accuracy.
- Never disclose a debit or credit card PIN (personal identification number) in email or on the phone.
- Be suspicious of strangers who ask for personal information by email or phone.
- If you’re asked to provide your Social Security number or other confidential information, make sure you know who wants the information and why.
- Be aware of unknown email attachments and free software.
- Don’t use part of your Social Security number as a PIN. Never give any detail of your card and if someone calls you and tell that he is calling from your bank and needs your OTP (one time password), never give your password as bank never calls regarding OTP, password or any detail.
- Think before you download apps, click on links or reply to the email that might be harmful or fraudulent.
- Keep your laptop or mobile device’s operating system and Internet browser up to date. Don’t store passwords, your Social Security or other sensitive information on your smartphone.
- Be aware of your surroundings when you bank online and watch out for “shoulder surfers,” people who hover nearby and observe your information without your knowledge.
- Card skimming theft – Card Skimming or card cloning uses a Card Skimming device to fraudulently copy bank customer details stored on the magnetic strip ( the brown/black strip at the back) on a debit or credit card. A card skimmer is a capture device that allows a individual to record all the data on a card so they can take money from the victim account.
Register To Hackchefs For Latest Updates
For Feedback, queries or any help you can comment or Contact Us
For More Updates And Information Visit Our Website
And Like And Share Our Facebook Page