Did tou know what is CAPTCHA? Where do we use it? CAPTCHA is basically used in websites to prevent spam comments, spam messages, used in registration forms, contact forms etc.
What is CAPTCHA
CAPTCHA stands for Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart. it is a word verification test in this we have to ensure that the response is only generated by humans and not by a computer. A CAPTCHA is a program that protect websites against bots.
Applications Of CAPTCHA
- An image/text will appear with some text in it. you will have to type the same text in the box so, that the system recognises that it will operate by an human body not by a robot application/Computer application.
- CAPTCPA is mainly used to prevent automated software from performing actions on behalf of actual humans.
- it is used at the end of the sign-up form so as to ensure that the form is filled out only by a legitimate human and not by any of the automated software or a computer bot.
- CAPTCHA has the ability to protect systems from malicious attacks.
- Attackers can make use of the automated software to generate a huge quantity of requests and causing a high load on the target server. CAPTCHA’s are mainly used by websites.
- It is used to prevent from online spam.
- It is used to protect you from hacking process during online banking, online shopping etc. Robots may access your accounts and passwords if captcha is not produced.
- It help to protect website registration. For example the opening account in Yahoo, Gmail, Facebook etc. It is used to prevent robots from opening millions of accounts in seconds. And thus captcha maintains online security.