With the growth of hackers all over the world, it becomes important to us to take some security measures to protect our Yahoo account, Secure Gmail Account, Facebook account, banking details when buying things online. Harmful Viruses like ransomware are some of those dangerous viruses. It installs on the system when you open a malicious attachment in the email which contains malicious link, malicious website, or some other virus which can hack your data.
Many times there may be some phishing links, infected apk can be used to hack your email account or even a whole phone. In this article, you will read about some points that can be used to avoid such harmful attacks to Secure Gmail Account.
Email Account Security Tips (Secure Gmail Account)
- Enable two-step verification in your Email accounts for safety purpose. 2 step verification makes your account more secure, in which OTP login required.
- Enable Login-notification for your email and get the notification on your mobile whenever you log in.
- Set a strong password with a mix of alphabets, numbers and special characters.
- Enable login- notification for your Facebook accounts (www.facebook.com) to prevent unauthorized access.
- Never share your password with anyone. Even to your closest person.
- Set up a recovery question which is difficult to answer and never setup an easy and guessable answer to your security question.
- Never click on any links sent through mail or chat. It may be a link which can steal your cookie or inject any viruses.
- Always check your address bar for proper website address before logging in.
- Always keep changing your ID password within 2-3 months.
- Use data encryption settings for your account security.
For any help, you can leave a message on the Facebook page.